Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job. Drug screening and background checks are mandatory.
Duties and responsibilities: A renewal inspector will inspect the interior and exterior of homes which include attics and/or crawl spaces. A renewal inspector must be able to identify different wood destroying organisms. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sell termite control protection and renewals to; owners, agents and property managers of residential and commercial properties.
- Cover escrow inspections in assigned territory.
- Record accurate measurements and write correct descriptions of property inspected.
- Prepare appropriate specs and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations and company policy.
- Compute job treating cost from company pricing instructions.
- Execute contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sales.
- Deal courteously with customers, leaving customers’ premises and furnishings clean and as found.
- Maintain equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in clean, working order.
- Complete all appropriate training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education, experience, knowledge:
- No prior experience or training necessary.
- Field Representative Branch III (3) license issued by the State of California.
- The ability to read, write, learn, and communicate in English effectively.
- Construction experience (A Plus)
The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw an interpret bar graphs.
Use of Hands, Fingers, Standing, Walking, Sitting, Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Communicating, Smelling, Lift and Carry 25 lbs.
Compensation and benefits:
- Compensation: $16 - $18 per hour depending on experience. Plus 5% commission on all sales.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick, Aflac, AD&D. (Optional for Fulltime Employees Only)
Travel work hours: A renewal inspector MUST be available to work day, and evening shifts. Monday – Sunday, 7am to 7pm. The Ability to report for duty on time for scheduled shifts is mandatory.
Job descriptions are subject to change with or without notice at the owners’ discretion.
Payne Pest Management is and Equal Opportunity employer