POSITION: Pest Control Technician
- DEPARTMENT : Pest Control
- REPORTS TO : Regional Service Manager / Pest Control
- SUPERVISES : Pest Control Technician has no supervisory duties
SUMMARY: A pest control technician or (PCT) is responsible for maintaining a working partnership with commercial properties, home-owners, and property managers. A pest control technician (PCT) is responsible for growing and improving his/her own route, which may include clover leafing and other duties assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job. Drug screening and background checks are mandatory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A PCT is responsible for the evaluation and positive identification of the targeted pest, then applying the 6 basic steps of effective pest control. These services included but are not limited to:
- Applying Integrated Pest Management (IPM) treatment techniques to the interior and exterior of commercial buildings and private homes.
- Setting and baiting rodent bait stations.
- Setting and removal of rodent snap traps.
- Pigeon control and clean up using proper PPE’s.
- Gopher and ground squirrel control at and around buildings, parking lots and parks.
- Bee service which includes; hive extraction, honey removal, and wall intrusion in an attempt to protect the public from bee attacks.
- Respond on a timely basis to customers’ requests for phone and in-person service calls.
- Complete required production forms at end of daily route.
All services and treatments are performed safely and according to the label.
COMPANY VEHICLES: A PCT is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a company vehicle. This includes but is not limited to:
- Keeping a clean and safe functional vehicle.
- Drive company vehicle to customers’ houses or places of business.
- Keeping all equipment clean and in proper operating condition.
- Completing any and all production forms immediately following the treatment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
- No prior experience or training necessary.
- Applicators License and/or Field Representative II (2) license issued by the State of California. (A Plus)
- The ability to read, write, learn, and communicate in English effectively.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
A PCT must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. A PCT must be able to write simple correspondence. A PCT must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Use of Hands and Fingers, Climb, Balance, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl, Talk, Hear, Taste, Smell and Lift and Carry 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The use of PPE’s is MANDATORY and will reduce the risk of exposure to fumes and airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation: $24,000 annual draw plus 30% commission of monthly completed route to all full time employees.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick, Aflac, AD&D. (Optional for Full Time Employees Only)
TRAVEL WORK HOURS: A pest control technician MUST be available to work day, and evening shifts. Monday – Sunday, 7am to 7pm. The ability to report for duty on time for scheduled shifts is mandatory.
Job descriptions are subject to change with or without notice at the owners’ discretion.
Payne Pest Management is and Equal Opportunity employer