POSITION: Termite & Pest Control Sales
- DEPARTMENT : Sales
- REPORTS TO : Regional Vice President / Sales Manager
- SUPERVISES : A termite and pest control sales person does not have supervisory duties
SUMMARY: A termite and pest control sales person is responsible for maintaining a working partnership with commercial properties, home-owners, and property managers. A sales person is responsible for increasing their monthly sales performance without leads or help from Payne Pest mgmt. A sales person will conduct inspections with the purpose of making proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job. Drug screening and background checks are mandatory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A termite and pest control sales person must complete a minimum of two inspections and write the coinciding reports on a daily basis. A sales person will occasionally inspect attics and/or crawl spaces. A sales person must be able to identify different insects including but not limited to; ants, beetles, moths, flies, roaches, bees, and wood destroying organisms. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sell termite control protection and renewals, and/or monthly pest control protection to owners or agents of homes, stores, or industry.
- Cover sales leads in assigned territory.
- Record accurate measurements and write correct descriptions of property inspected.
- Prepare appropriate specs and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations and company policy.
- Compute job treating cost from company pricing instructions.
- Execute contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sales.
- Supervise collection effort on delinquent accounts of personal sales contracts.
- Deal courteously with customers, leaving customers’ premises and furnishings clean and as found.
- Maintain prospect and call-back files and activity records.
- Maintain equipment, vehicle and personal safety equipment in clean, working order.
- Complete all appropriate training courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
- No prior experience or training necessary.
- Field Representative Branch II (2) and Branch III (3) license issued by the State of California.
- The ability to read, write, learn, and communicate in English effectively.
- Construction experience (A Plus)
The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw an interpret bar graphs.
Use of Hands, Fingers, Standing, Walking, Sitting, Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Communicating, Smelling, Lift and Carry 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation: $24,000 Annual Salary plus 5% commissions on every dollar sold.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Sick, Aflac, AD&D. (Optional for Fulltime Employees Only)
TRAVEL WORK HOURS: A termite and pest sales person MUST be available to work day, and evening shifts. Monday – Sunday, 7am to 7pm. The Ability to report for duty on time for scheduled shifts is mandatory.
Job descriptions are subject to change with or without notice at the owners’ discretion.
Payne Pest Management is and Equal Opportunity employer